Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Field Trip with Friends!


Hi!  I would like to tell you about a field trip.
  We went to the Black Sheep Creamery.  
We got to see little lambs inside of a barn.  They were so cute!  Some of them were born two weeks ago.  We got to see where they made the cheese and yogurt.  It was interesting.  I never knew that there was such thing as sheep milk, cheese, and yogurt.  After that we went into a big pasture where the sheep were.  They let us pet them at the beginning, but some of the kids chased them around and they got pretty skiddish.  One of my friends was scared of the sheep because they were bigger then her.  She was only two.  She wanted me to pick her up all the time.  I did pick her up, but my arms got tired and I had to give her to someone else.  Then a few minutes after that the person that I handed her off to came back and said that she wanted me to hold her again.  When I was walking around, some sheep followed me.  It was like I was their little shepherdess.  There were two big dogs on the farm to protect the sheep.  Before they got the dogs they lost eleven sheep.  Now that they have the dogs they haven't
lost one sheep.  The coyotes smell the dog or hear the dogs and don't come near the sheep anymore.  At the end of the field trip anyone who wanted to try sheep cheese or sheep yogurt could.  I didn't try any because I didn't think I would like it.  But Zoie tried some of both and she said it was the worst.  Some of my friends didn't like it either. So I am glad that I didn't try it.  
There's me with my little friend.
Entering the sheep pasture.

I was able to pet some of them.

The big dog!


Zoie herding up the sheep.

I am a true shepherdess.
                                                           It was a great field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment